Old 02-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Pollytink

Originally Posted by lynnefaye View Post
Hey, Polly, I am reading the Engine 2 book now, the recipes sound wonderful. I fight with fibromyalgia and celiac, both of which are getting worse. I already have to eat gluten and dairy free but seems I need to tweak my food choices even more. My diet will be a flexatarian as I will eat some meat when we invited to a meal or in restaurants since my meal choices are pretty limited when I am not at home. I cook quiona all the time and it is very easy to do in a rice cooker. I use about 1 1/2 times liquid per amount of quiona. The red and white are both good, little different flavor. I also will continue to eat eggs as need the choline and my teeth will only chew a limited amount of nuts.
Wish you the best as you work on healing yourself with food. If you can get the video "Forks Over Knives" from your library, it will inspire you. It is the precursor to the Engine # 2 book.
Lynnefaye from eastern KS
Yes, the Forks over Knives book and China Study are the two the dr. said to read. Got them and they each have a cookbook...got all from the library and may buy the cookbooks. They are really eye-openers. Had my first avacado today and it was pretty good! Just ate with a spoon as a snack. I'm hoping that we don't lose power in this storm that's coming Sun and Monday....they're saying 6-12" of snow which means I'll be snowbound for sure.