View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM
alaskasunshine

Originally Posted by mosher92
wow, I am in awe. What beautiful work you do. I love the lazy log cabin. Well actually I love them all but the log cabin is my favorite. You sure do have an eye for color, I am envious of that.
Thanks so much for being so vocal. WOW!!! :shock:
With regards to the highly spoken of is the "Lazy Log Cabin" that quilt came from the book:"Quick Creative Quilting" It was soooo easy and used so many different fabrics I loved working on it. I was fairly "new" to quilting perse' and struggled to not get any of like fabrics to touch each other.. Since our livingroom is rather small I had to do it in quadrants and when I finally put it together I was sort of bummed that I had so many purples in the center. But I figured I did my best with what I had so I tried to lose my very critical eye that I usually tend to have when constructing & looking at my quilts.

In any event the book I mentioned is a wonderful book! There are many wonderful quilts in there and I have had the one pictured on 132 "A Walk in Spring". That quilt looked boring but I saw a Bargello so I tried to make it a Bargello and got tired of it so it sits on a pile waiting for me to give it another try.

I am currently working on mittens and LOVING it!