View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Quilter 65

Sue and Thimble--those are wonderful. Such a great idea. And Brat, those blocks all from that little hourglass! Amazing.
Border Buddies: I beg your indulgence while I ask some advice about another project I am working on. As someone said, sometimes you just need another set of eyes, and in my case, another brain or two. Here is my situation. The flimsy is 70 x 70. I need for it to be longer. Another row of blocks, which measures 14 x 14 is not possible. I have run out of the green fabric in order to make them all symmetrical. So I have considered a 2 inch sashing of black top and bottom with a row of 7" pp triangles and one picture shows a partial block. Then I would go around with a narrow aqua sashing and add something else. Option 2 is to use the 4" inch of border than is on the picture with the flowers that I have used in the alternating blocks. That would get me to 80 x 70. Then here is my quandry. The pattern calls for a border of symmetrical material (Jinny Beyer) stripe. My fabric is from the peacock line and I don't have any symmetrical border fabric in the whole top. My question is would it look completely stupid to use the flowers for the outer border? This material is used in the body of the flimsy so it is color coordinated. Option 3: Something I haven't yet thought of and that is what I am asking about. Here are the pictures and THANKS so much for giving me help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466615[/ATTACH]

Quilt top above 70 x 70.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466616[/ATTACH]

Picture of a partial block that is paper pieced. I know that I would have to use materials with a stronger contrast.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466617[/ATTACH]

Close up of one of the blocks that has I think 84 pieces in it. I have put a lot of time and effort (although not always successfully) into this quilt and I don't want to just throw something around the edge and call it good. Although I have considered it strongly. This has gone on for a while.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466618[/ATTACH]

This is the material to which I referred. The band would be put on top and bottom. Then I would surround all with an aqua strip and possibly a black sashing. Then add the flower part of the fabric and miter the corners. Thoughts? Or just confused like me? Thanks for ANY input.
Attached Thumbnails 100_3881-small-.jpg   100_3880-small-.jpg   100_3882-small-.jpg   100_3885-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Quilter 65; 03-10-2014 at 03:40 PM.