View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Wonnie

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
I also have the Quilters Choice Baby Lock!! I was attempting to do some top stitching AND using the walking foot but had no success. It worked fine if using a straight stitch but wouldn't let me do anything else. But it is way too much fabric to use the regular foot. Have you tried and succeeded Yvonne?
I'm not sure I understand Janet. You are saying you are trying to top stitch a quilt that already has the batting and back added to the top, right? I've not tried top stitching but I have machine quilted just using straight lines using my walking foot with no problem. I usually use Hobbs 80/20 for my batting. I don't really like using the walking foot though because, at least for me, it's hard to see where I'm quilting, especially when I'm trying to do a scant 1/4" when I'm putting on a 1" border! I, also, hand baste the quilt sandwich fairly close before I start. Tried safety pins but didn't care for that method. Did you buy the Quilter's Choice Baby Lock Workbook"? It's a looseleaf notebook that shows how to use the various attachments, etc. and WASN'T included with the machine!!! Cost me an arm and a leg and, as far as I'm concerned, should have been included with the machine. At any rate, let me see if I can find anything in it that might help you. OK?