Old 03-12-2014, 04:35 AM
CindyA

Originally Posted by cindynvb View Post
I just went to the old thread and saw this:
Printing with software – in order to avoid wasting so much paper when you print your patterns using software you need to “move” the pieces to one side before printing. Turn your paper around and print the next block at the other end of the paper. ..from NDQuilts…”If you are prining just the block outlines the yes you can fit two blocks on a page. I adjust the top margin as narrow as my printer will allow and print block 1, then rotate the paper to print block 2. If I remember you cannot print any text in the header.

I also would like to print 2 blocks to a page, but can't move my blocks in the software. Is it because my software is an old version? The option to move is not available in the print preview screen. Am I doing something wrong?
thanks,
cindy
I worked from the book only for almost two years and finally broke down and got the software. It is not intuitive. I read the book/manual that came with it and when I (finally) figure out how to do something (like move the pieces around before printing) I write my own notes.

I figured out how to move the pieces, but I prepare the papers for more than one block at a time and was confusing myself! So . . . I decided to print one block per page and I DO use greyed out printing so that I don't make a mistake with background and print fabrics when I'm actually doing the paper piecing. I buy the Crayola Doodle pads for the paper (not expensive) and decided to go ahead and use the ink. If I don't I'll probably make many mistakes and will end up using more ink in the long run.