View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 06:46 AM
KalamaQuilts

Nina, I guess you are the 'auxiliary' In my humble an auxiliary is what keeps the lodge alive...

Geri, I bought the software, and I paid for the hard copy also because I do like the ability to load on different computers, computers don't last forever. But you'd probably be fine just doing the download on the computer that is connected to your printer. There is no reason to get the program if you are just going to scan the blocks from the book.

I got the program because I didn't want to make 12" blocks. My original plan was to make 5" blocks. They kept printing at 10" which turned out to be fine (I hadn't checked or unchecked something) I'm so glad I didn't print all those blocks to finish at 5". Good gad, I would have been trying to sew 2 threads to one thread!

None of the blocks are particularly difficult, it is just the idea of HOW MANY PIECES? that can mentally overwhelm. All block making of any kind is simply sewing one piece of fabric to another one piece at a time. The total is immaterial.

Barb, your list is great, I originally meant to just make one block a week, but I couldn't seem to get organized, so just kept making blocks. If I'd thought to do a list or had yours in the beginning I would have been on track with you all.

the blocks shared are really lovely, and proof we can use any fabric for any quilt block. I learned that when I was making my dear jane quilt 15 or 16 years ago. ALL fabrics look good on jane, and consequently everywhere else too.