View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 07:26 AM
Caswews

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
Just read on the University of Missouri Extension Service website that the only way to get rid of the smokey odor from textiles is through a process called "ozone treatment" (an ozone generator is used). There are supposedly no chemicals or cleaners that will take the smokey odor out of the fabric. It has be to neutralized and only ozone can do it. They also say that any perfumes, Fabreze type sprays, laundry soaps, etc., will not do anything to remove the odor that only the ozone treatment can do that. I'd bet this is an expensive treatment. What your DF needs to do is tally up the amount she spent on her stash and add it to her claim for reimbursement on the insurance. I'm not sure there is anything you can really do to salvage the stash short of professionally ozoning it.

Hope this info helps...

Anita
What about Ozium or something like that from the auto parts store ? My daughter is a smoker , her dh is a very heavy smoker also .. She uses that before we come over as the smoke and the house smells great .. I think that is the name of it .. May have to ask at the auto parts store .. (whatever the name is to get out the smoke smell).