View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 07:39 AM
marylynspr

Default Beautiful design

Originally Posted by yonnikka View Post
Your Shining Cross stained glass is just beautiful. I have one suggestion: Put your Words in Greek Letters. Or, in Latin. I'm assuming that a Seminarian will study a bit of the original languages, and it will add subtlty to his wall hanging. If you worked the cross and the words to look like Stained Glass, the effect would be even stronger. I like your idea of black threads between the colors. You may want to make a mini sample and work your zig zag black threads first, to see if the effect is what you really want. As for a border, you might want to continue the stained glass effect, whatever colors you choose. Do show us a final photo, I'm going to "follow" (subscribe) to this post, just to make sure I don't miss it!
If you do a sample and discover that the black 'leading' on the stained glass is causing a great deal of puckering, you might consider the prepared tape 'leading' as suggested by another writer. It requires a great deal less stitching. I love the leading idea between rays, at least, and agree with this writer that Latin, or Greek, although Greek's a bit more challenging, would be interesting and subtle. Continuing the colors into the border is an interesting idea, too, and the border could be separated with a black 'leading' line which would make the whole piece come together nicely. Before quilting, I worked in stained glass rather extensively so I know this is going to be beautiful---please post the finished product!