View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 06:31 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MarthaT View Post
I am a hand quilter and one of the reasons I don't care for most machine quilting is that is tends to go all over and make the blocks disappear. As a hand quilter, I try to bring the blocks to life and compliment their design with the motifs I quilt within them. What a breath of fresh air to see a machine quilter who does the same and breathes life into the pieced blocks instead of working a design all over them making them run together. Thanks for sharing your tute. It is also helpful for me as a hand quilter.
Thank you, I hand quilted before I got my LA. I suspect my hand quilting years influence my LA quilting. But I am definitely not alone, there are many, many LAQ out there that let the piecing dictate how they quilt. It really all depends on the client's budget. All over end to end quilting is the least expensive option and sometimes that is also the best option for a quilt. Sometimes an all over panto that completely ignores the piecing is the perfect compliment even if money is no object.