View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 04:51 PM
manicmike

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
No, a genius would have made sure we'd checked all the little things before launching into 5 pages of how to do a timing check. Ah well. At least anyone who reads this thread now will know how to check their timing!
Don't be silly. That'd be like an Agatha Christie story where the culprit is caught in the act. Very short, nothing to read and not a bit entertaining. Look at how many pictures and videos you entertained everyone with, in solving the mystery.
Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
I always think "thread toward the flat", same thing.
Yes, either way is the same. Took me a while to work it out. I relied on manuals until I worked it out myself, I felt pretty dumb.

Cecilia, sometimes it's not obvious which way the flat side goes. Can't think of a particular machine now, but there was one that I put the needle in the opposite way and it went right in and didn't seem to be wrong at all. It was obvious when it wouldn't sew, but it took a long while to realise the source of the problem just because the needle went in the wrong way so nicely.

Bent needlebar through abuse sounds heavy! They must have tried to sew too many bean cans together. Only the Singer 15 can do this