View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 06:49 AM
Katia

I decided to do what I have read here several times and have also been told by others as well, and that was to go and actually look at the machines in person. I did that yesterday and didn't have to look long before I found something I hope I will love. So much of what I wanted was way too expensive. And I kept thinking how I could get them cheaper on Ebay. But then I started talking to people at the store about the warranty, and all of the sudden that seemed really important to me. I realized that most of the stuff on Ebay did not come with any sort of warranty and with a computer sort of sewing machine that might be really important down the road.

So I ended up buying a brand new Janome 9900. It is so pretty. It is also intimidating. I watched the dvd and turned it on last night, but that is as far as I got. I got a good warranty I think, from the guy there. Three years on everything as well as a one year chance to upgrade if I want with all I paid for this machine going towards a new one. Plus the usual Janome warranty. The upgrade is a big jump to that top of the line 15000, but he even offered me that one at a generous discount.

The lady that did his classes just had to quit because of health problems so no classes, but he did offer me the job. I am thinking about it, but it would mean a long commute so it would depend on if it was just for scheduled classes or what. I don't want to be a salesperson, but it might be fun to teach people. He said it would include factory training too. Something to think about.

So wish me luck. It is fun to learn new things. I hope so anyway.