Old 03-21-2014, 02:07 PM
MichelleDenise

Default Beginners question! What color of thread do you stitch in the ditch with?

I am pinning my quilt together. I used a neutral beige Aurofil thread to piece my quilt together which I bought online. The online swatches of Aurofil are really hard to tell what color the thread actually is. I just bought some neutral color thread online. I do not have a store that sells Aurofil in my area. I am going to stitch in the ditch on this quilt. The one quilting class I took had us use a neutral color like beige, but that was pretty close to the color of my backing. I was going to use my Aurofil for stitching in the ditch but my backing on this new quilt will be blue. Should I buy a matching color that will go or match the blue backing? If so, what kind of thread should I buy at Joanne's since it is the only shop we have in my area. Or, would it be okay to just use the neutral beige thread and let it show on the blue backing? I have not seen the back of many quilts, so I don't know what is common practice. Thank you in advance for your help.