Old 03-22-2014, 06:11 AM
juliea9967

"Anyway, does anyone have either the Creative Performance or Creative Sensation? I would love to know just how useful the larger embroidery area might be for quilting. "

Yes - I have the Creative Sensation and I absolutely love it. It is a "perfect" machine as far as I am concerned. The larger embroidery area, with the 350mm x 360mm hoop is very helpful. I have made some beautiful 18" pillows using this hoop, and have also used it to quilt many times, too. It is an awesome machine. I have never quilted a king size quilt on it using embroidery and don't have any desire to, but I have heard from people who have. I have used the large size embroidery hoop to embroider designs on fabric and then made large quilts out of them. Here is a picture of one of them. I was able to embroidery each of the blocks, except for the middle one, in one hooping.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]468452[/ATTACH]
After I had all the blocks put together, I had it quilted by a long arm quilter.
If I was really interested in a machine to quilt my finished quilts I would not consider any embroidery machine. I would look for an actual quilting machine. However, for everything else, I would definitely buy the Pfaff Creative Sensation Pro.
Attached Thumbnails pictogramquilt.jpg  

Last edited by juliea9967; 03-22-2014 at 06:14 AM.