Old 03-22-2014, 10:31 AM
spartan quilter

So, I am back, with some progress. I am hand quilting each block as I go along, and also, adding the sashing and cornerstones, so I progress very slowly. When I dropped away 2 years ago, I had several blocks made, but not quilted. Well, I found out this past week, that you can do a lot of hand quilting, while waiting in a hospital for spouse's medical procedures to happen. He is doing fine and just needs time for recovery now. So, here is what I got done. I quilted the last 6 blocks of row 4, got the sashing and cornerstones attached and then got that whole row attached to the first 3 rows. I did the pictures in 2 sets, to get closer pics.
This pic shows the left half of the first 4 rows.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]468486[/ATTACH]

This picture shows the right half of the first 4 rows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]468487[/ATTACH]

And this last picture shows the first 6 blocks of row 5

[ATTACH=CONFIG]468488[/ATTACH]

So, back to the sewing machine for me. I probably won't post for 2 weeks again, which gives me a little more time to show some progress. I plan on finishing row 5 and then devoting time to the triangles across the top, just to see some progress there. Enjoy and keep on trucking, oops, I mean sewing.
Attached Thumbnails 2014-march-dj-progress-march-23-001.jpg   2014-march-dj-progress-march-23-002.jpg   2014-march-dj-progress-march-23-003.jpg