View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Quilt Lover Grandma

Hubby and I have been to all the Hops here in VT. Some years were good, some not so good. I'll try and describe the different stores as I see them. Middlebury is where we bought our machines and they have good service. Limited amount of fabric but it is tasteful. Essex Jct store is in a large older building. I have never found anything in there to purchase in all these years. Barnyard Fabric is new this year and they had a lot of notions that we were looking for. Beautiful country side drive on our way home. Mad River is in an older bldg and is not too big. Stowe is small but they have a lot of handmade doll dresses, things like that. I am comparing these shops with the large one in Newport that seems to have a nice selection of fabrics. I wonder if i saw you in Chester? I bought all of my fabric at the Hen House in White River Junction. She is not on the hop but she has a terrific sale. All fabric (good quality) is half of the regular price and she has most fabric around eight and nine dollars. Not a big store, but she knows her merchandise and where every bolt is. I frequent her shop often. I hope this helps.