View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 11:56 AM
barbo117

I have my Brother Pq1500 on a Grace frame, actually it is the Grace GMQ frame that I purchased off of Ebay. It is an older frame, 8 years or so, but the Brother works great on it. I did update the carriage from the older wood carriage that came with the frame, to the new aluminum carriage that Grace sells. What a difference that made, less than a $100 investment. More precise and easier movement makes FMQ'ing so much easier and better stitches. I also added a lazer so that I can follow pantos if I want too. I purchaed the Grace Pattern Perfect which I have not used yet, too. I am going to add a stitch regulator, again by Grace, that is made specifically for this Brother machine and it is supposed to be a big help in keeping consistent stitch length when quilting on a frame. The stitch regulator is around $500 new. I have a speed controller on my machine right now, which takes the place of the foot control by putting the controller on the handlebars of the carriage. Also, I wanted to add a better fmq foot than what came with the machine. I found that Juki makes a wonderful fmq foot for their similar machine, and it works perfectly on the Brother. I can now do ruler work because of this foot if I want too. Allbrands carries all of these items including the Juki Foot. I have spent a lot of time putting this machine, frame and accessories together but I am very very pleased with everything. Wish I had $ for a wonderful long arm/frame of my dreams but I dont. I just love how this Brother machine and frame has come together. Hope this information is helpful to other Brother PQ1500 owners.i