View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 02:47 AM
Wendys Quilts

Linda, ive done flowers, feathers, waves, leaves, stippling and meandering. My favorite is the meandering 4 1/2" size is perfect for me. Ive tried free hand, but prefer my pantos. I tape my pantos to the table to keep them from moving around. I have found that getting my laser ready i put my sewing foot closer, (but not touching the bar) to the bar by your belly and then i line up my laser to the panto. Im sure thats easy for some people, but i get confused easily lol. Also, i float my batting and top, on top of the backing. Ive used 5" pantos on mine and it works just fine. But with a longer quilt, you do lose some of that 5" as you get to the end. When that happens, i will follow with the laser just inside the panto line and that works fine. It makes the quilting at the end of the quilt smaller, but who is really going to know but you..that is if you dont quilt professionally. Also, i dont know if it makes a difference, but i usually start quilting from right to left and when at the end of my panto, i cut off and move back to the right and start again. It might be just personal preference. Hope this helps.
Wendy

Originally Posted by lindadee View Post
Wendy, It sounds like you have a set-up similar to what I have. I have not done a lot with mine yet. May I ask what kind of designs you do on yours? Any tips you can share? I know we are limited by the throat space. Do you do narrow pantos or freehand?