View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 04:17 AM
JenelTX

I have this machine and love it. I love it even more now that my husband got me a portable table for it, with a plexiglass insert sized specifically for this machine. It is the exact height as my dining room table, so I can put them together and have a huge amount of quilting space. Oh, and a thread holder from Superior Thread. It's such a smooooooth setup now that I've been quilting just about every night and making great progress. I've been freehanding butterflies and flowers and figure-8 swirls. I'm getting close to the border, which I plan to quilt with feather filler. Ridiculously excited! LOL

I do piecing and FMQ with the machine. Best advice I've received re: FMQ is to use stretch needles. They make all the difference in the world. With piecing, just a regular needle works fine. I've been using Superior Threads cotton thread in the machine, and it's going great.

Someone on this board told me about a Yahoo group for PQ1500S owners. I've been a member for a year or two now, and get such great information there. In February, there were 56 messages, so it's not going to clog your inbox, especially if you set your preferences to Digest. Here's the link: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PQ1500/info