View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 03:19 PM
sunny42539

Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
I just got an opportunity to purchase a computerized long-arm quilter with frame for $800.00. Just this minute! The gal said her mother just didn't want it and would part with it for that even though she paid way more. I don't know a brand or size or anything yet, but I know the woman and she is VERY meticulous and a little bit of a wealthy eccentric. A couple of years ago she started designing a quilting room planning for her retirement. She bought the long arm quilter, new sewing machine, fabrics galore, and other accessories, then when she retired she didn't want to stay home afterall so she went back to work! I have been told this room looks like a fabric store! Anyway, when she gets back from her vacation she says I can come over with a quilt that needs quilting and she will show me how to set up my quilt, put it on the frame and even quilt it. Then she says I can decide if I still want it. This sounds too good to be true, huh? And am so excited! Only been a fantasy for the past year!
I would jump on it if I had the money. I would also ask her about the fabric