View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 12:43 AM
WilliP

Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
I've been planning on buying one of these for some time but can't for the love of me decide which to go for. Have spent hours trawling the net reading reviews looking for best deals etc but just when I think I'm going to bite the bullet and chose I start dithering and wonder if the choice would be the best for me. Basically I've got the HV DD deluxe, Janome 12000 or Bernina 830 in mind. It's such a huge investment to make I'm aghast that I end up with the wrong machine. There are no outlets nearby that I know of where I could try out the machines which is a bit of a pain so need to make a decision based on information and reviews. I'd really appreciate any advice/recommendations from those who are already using any of these machines, the good and the bad. Thank you any suggestions really appreciated.
If you were buying a car you would go to a dealer and test drive I am certain --- you need to do the same when you are investing in this level of a machine. Try them all out and talk to the tech support people (the guys and gals who fix our pilot errors and the mechanical snafoos) You might also consider the Bernina 880. I am told it is a dream machine --me, I can't afford to buy the "car" at the moment. I do know I would not spend that much money without trying the machine on everything I can think of first. How far is your Aberdeen from the nearest UK Distributers of the various machines??