View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Bee Beatty

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
You know how life has a way of throwing surprises at you. I had just been commenting that this was the best part of life. We had our helath, fun toys and finacially coupld splurge here and there. THEN company meeting and departments from our company are going to merge with Sister company. Jobs will be lost, people will be retrained and some might have to move out of state to keep their job. My entire department will be leaving for sure and my dh also works their as Logistics manager and we don't know anything about his job yet. Change occurs in November and I plan to retire in April, hubby has 10 years till retirement. We both made it through a buy out and major lay offs 12 years ago and are just plain shoocked by this turn of events. Trying to be positive but really just non stop crying. Terriamn
Terriamn,

I am always lurking in the "wings" to see what my QB friends are up to. I was just admiring all these beautiful blocks when I came across your post. This life can be so darn "messy" and things always seem to run off into the rhubarb patch just when we think we can take one hand off the wheel! I know your fear and disappointment. Three generations of our families have been seriously affected by the changing economy that began in 2008. Lost jobs, homes, retirement savings.....didn't seem fair! We are a hard-working bunch! Seemed to be harder on the men in the family! But we have all come through it....learning to reach out to each other and help all we can! In many ways we have grown up and grown closer....and have finally learned to allow disappointment to come and then overcome! As for me, I have been blessed by a creator who always shows up to answer prayers, to show me how to build the bridge to get through the rhubarb patch. For that I am eternally grateful. I will be praying for guidance for you! And for a strengthing bond of love and encouragement for you and your family.

Bee