View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 06:02 AM
amandasgramma

Originally Posted by Nilla View Post
I've had mine for over a year now and honestly, I do regret the purchase. The machine works well, the service is excellent, but I've found I just don't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped. I keep plugging away though and the quilts do turn out lovely, but in hind sight, I wish I'd saved the money and just kept doing SID or embroidery quilting on my DSM. My tops pile up because I avoid quilting them. I just don't enjoy the process.

I've thought about selling the machine, but 1)my husband would go mad 2)I have no idea how to go about selling something like this. I've never used ebay or craigs list in my life. I've never even had a yard sale! For now I'll just keep pushing myself to use the machine and hope I start to feel more at ease with it.
It takes practice practice practice. Don't give up yet! I, too, can NOT do pantos!!!! Tried them so many times and they just drive me NUTS. If you don't have rulers, search out "longarm tools" and find some straight rulers. They're a good beginner. Do NOT get intimidated by videos that show someone going superjet speed on their longarms. Go slow..... I bought lots of sheets at thrift stores and used them with cheap batting to practice practice practice. I made a lot of dog blankets that way for the humane society. I found www.mqresource.com......a forum for longarmers. They have classes and are the most helpful. Because of them, my work had improved immensely in a short time. Does your local dealer provide classes???? If so, please go....you learn something EVERY time. I also found if I went to www.youtube.com and put in "quilting" or "longarm" I found videos.....I've watched every one probably 5 times each. Some were lame or hard to follow, but even those that were seemingly over my head, I learned. Best of luck!

Last edited by amandasgramma; 04-12-2014 at 06:04 AM.