View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 07:58 PM
amandasgramma

Originally Posted by Nilla View Post
It's not that I feel frustrated because my quilts don't look nice. They actually look quite lovely. It's just that I don't enjoy the process. In piecing a top, I find a good balance between sometimes doing something simple and quick and other times challenging myself with a new skill and I can easily lose myself in the sewing room for hours at a time, but in long arming I just don't like it. I have a computer on mine and I can make lovely pantographs. I just don't have fun while I'm doing it. I can free motion with a nice meandering line or smaller stippling, but again, it's not fun to me. I tried rulers and feathers and circles. It wasn't fun to me. It's work. It's what I have to force myself to do in order to be able to put the binding on and say the quilt is finished. I wish I loved it. I just don't. I can't imagine telling my husband I made a mistake this expensive though so I force myself to keep loading quilts and quilting them.
Okay -- my thoughts are that if you don't enjoy it or consider it a fun challenge from day one, then it's just not for you!!!!!! I can understand that.....I've started MANY crafts over the years and discovered it just wasn't for me (tried knitting about 100000 times -- UGH).. This is just more expensive than any. If you truly don't like it, and you can sell it......then do what you ENJOY doing --- PIECING the quilt!!!!!! lord knows there's longarmers out there that need/want the work!!!!