View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 03:59 AM
nanna-up-north

I've been so busy this week..... time to catch up on all the UFO finishes.

Mad quilter, I know you are happy to get that quilt completed. Vintage quilts can be a challenge. I don't know if it's the fabrics that quilters used back then or what but I often find that they aren't as flat and that makes them difficult to quilt. I doesn't look like you had that problem because yours looks very smooth..... Great job. ..... another treasure for you and your DH to enjoy.

Nena, I love your latest finish. I love blue but don't often make blue quilts.... DH isn't fond of blue..... so of course yours caught my eye. Nice job!! I totally understand having tops done but not getting them quilted. What's the deal with that? I am so done with a quilt when I get it to the flimsy stage. I wish I had the $$$ to send them all out and didn't have to deal with that but I don't. I LOVE hand quilting but it takes me forever..... average is 4 months. And, FMQ is still a bit of a challenge. But you did a beautiful job on yours.... congrats.

Retiredteacher, WOW is all I can say. 7 tote bags is fantastic..... 23 is wild crazy. You go girl!! They are really super cute..... I keep wanting to do some totes... I know I could make some, but where does the time go? I need to slow down the clock and catch up......

Keep 'em coming, you all. Everyone is doing such a super job...... I'm still working on that lap quilt for my SIL before I tackle my next UFO..... only got a couple left..... yeah! But it's nearly time to head back to the summer cabin and that will take me away from my quilting while I pack away stuff to take with me .... probably won't get back on the UFO train till June. I'll keep checking in though. ..... love seeing what everybody is getting done.