View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 10:51 AM
ChattQuilter

Default Same pattern multiple times.

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
What is the highest number of times that you have executed one pattern? I have found, in looking over my list of quilts, that I have done Log Cabin twice, Trip Around the World four times, and it seems that I have fallen in love with Boxed Squares, because I have made this one 10 times. It is so easy and can still be impressive if a lot of different colors are used.
I saw Marti Michel demonstrate the Giant Dahlia quilt on TV many years ago and fell in love with it. I got the templates and fabric to make the first one. I still enjoy making it and have made it about 6 times. I appliqued it to the center of 2 quilts and made it solo for 3 Christmas tree skirts. I am making it again as a table topper with just the dahlia part alone. Even though the pieces are bias, I have had no trouble with it and just love the design. Each one is different because I choose different fabrics for each one I make. I find it easier than triangles and some other designs because of having to sew just at the tip of the point on triangles. Love the Gian Dahlia!