Old 04-21-2014, 05:53 AM
Sewnoma

I kind of like the idea of a ledge for the back row, but 8" high would eat up way too much of my storage space. A couple inches is probably enough for me to see what's back there.

I think my tray idea might work out OK too, but I really need to get the darn cabinets built so I can really play around and see what works and what doesn't.

I spent part of the weekend wrapping fabric around comic book boards. One of the few things I can do at this point to prepare for my big move! I bought 200 boards and used every single one of them; probably need at least 400 more to finish up. They work well though, funny thing is they end up almost exactly the same size/shape I fold my fabric in now for my bins, so there are already convenient crease lines in all my fabric in just about the right spots, so it's been going quickly, and the wrapped fabric fits back into my bins so they'll be kept safe until I'm ready to move them out.

I also finally knuckled down and caught up on my pre-washing...I thought I had about 3 loads worth but it ended up taking me SEVEN loads. (I do small loads so maximum amount of water to dilute any running dye) I threw in a bunch of "questionable" fabric I got for free from a friend who is moving, and a whole bunch I just bought at a guild fabric sale - selvedges were missing from a lot of it and there were some pretty intense reds so I was nervous but NOTHING BLED. Woohoo, I win!! Now I just need to get more comic book boards...