Old 04-23-2014, 01:06 PM
sval

Originally Posted by Barbpr View Post
Although she did the 'right' thing by saying she would redo the quilt, I would be hesitant to return it to her. She should have noticed the quality of her work. Since she didn't, it would seem to me that she either doesn't know good quilting or doesn't care. I wouldn't trust her with your wonderful quilt again.

To the longarmers that suggested letting her know... I agree. I have had problems with two professional quilters. The first one completely ignored my instructions for my completely handpieced first traditional bed quilt. She wrote all the notes down and then obviously didn't read them. I cried when I saw the artsy fartsy quilting on churn dash, bow ties, etc quilt. She didn't apologize and charged me a fortune. It sits in the closet since. The other did a fabulous job and attached the binding for me to hand sew. I had a hard time because the bidning was on a bit crooked. Called her and she ripped it off, replaced it and sewed down the binding by hand. She has had my business since.

Thank you for your quilt and for your concern about it being the best it can be.
What an awful experience for you! I realized since this happened how fortunate I was that the one and only quilt I've sent out to be quilted was done properly and gorgeously. It cost $500. It could just have easily come back like my "nightmare quilt". And what recourse do you have? Sounds like you found a gem.
Never again. I'll just stick to things I can quilt myself.