View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Onebyone
Power Poster

I go there all the time. It's about an hour and a half from me. Marhall's has several warehouses. One is where the fabric is delivered and rolled onto bolts. The one open to the public is where the bolts are stored and by the yard is sold. Marshall's is a fabric distributor with sales reps. Quilt shops from all over buy there fabric there. Everything from novelty fabric sold at Walmart to Jenny Beyer, to Kaffe Fasset. I even found some older Liberty of London there. Marshall's has their own brand of fabric printed and it is quilt shop quality. It's all the way to the right when you walk in on the wall shelves. I love the bargain bins. You never know what will be in those. Every cheater cloth pattern you can imagine, and the printed patterns on fabric for tree skirts, aprons, etc. In the back they have a table where all the new fabric samples from the manufacturers are spread out. You can see what is coming to the warehouse. I make a day of shopping there, eating at Josie's Steakhouse on the water for lunch. It revives my creative soul!