View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 04:13 PM
Poodles

I have enjoyed reading your happiness of going to the Paducah show. I got a friend or two and then met a couple of friends for a day about 3-4 years ago. I was so happy to be going and had already called about a scooter. I rented that scooter because other wise I wouldn't have been able to get around. Well I wasn't able to get around in that scooter either. People would push between me and the wall and jump right over in front of my scooter and it running. Some I could not stop in time not to hit them. No one said I'm sorry or excuse me. I never got to even pull up to but one booth the whole day I was there. I enjoyed looking at the quilts that was displayed and stood there praying that some day I hoped to just be able to quilt. I enjoyed my friends and eating outside also. I really would love to go and be able to see the vendors or some of them but I think it is not the right place for me to be. I wouldn't make it very far walking on my crutch as the hand is damaged from leaning on it. Don't get me wrong, I walk a lot. Rarely ever use a scooter unless I need one at Wal-mart. Most of the time I walk Wal-mart if possible. I have always wanted to meet Elenore Burns but never knew she would be there. My daughter carried me back a couple of weeks after the show and I went into the Quilt in Day store, I think it was called. Then went down the street where all the Murals was and loved that. By the way I love reading your stories and I don't respond much but that's because I still haven't learned how to quilt. One of my friends said I try to be perfect instead of realizing that the quilt does not have to be perfect for someone to love it.