View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 07:59 AM
Annie Pearl

Originally Posted by Annie Pearl View Post
I live in Centralia. We don't have much to offer here in town, not a fabric store at all. There is a very nice QSIn Fairview Heights. Jackmans is the name of it, it's not hard to find you can google it and get directions. It's where I go when buying fabric. Fairview Heights is about 50 miles west of Centralia.
Another option is Paducah Kentucky, we are two hours north of it. It has Hancocks of Paducah. They also have a quilt museum there. I have never been to either place but I intend to go to the Paducah quilt show next year. I'm sure they have other quilt shops there also but I don't know anything about them.
I f you are going to be doing any sewing while you are here bring everything that you need. Here in town there's not even a store that sells cheap thread. It's terrible to say but as for shopping we have next to nothing to offer. The closest place to really shop is Fairview Heights. We are also about an hour and fifteen mins. From downtown St. Louis. If I can be of any help just let me know.

Sorry, but I left one quilt store out. It's in Nashville Illinois and called Lee's Variety. It is a mom and pop variety store with a fairly large craft area. They have fabric but not the newest lines if that's what you want, just old fashioned quilting calicoes. They do have a lot of quilting stencils,a limited supply of quilting notions, and so on. It's a old fashioned store and it's worth the experience. The ladies that work in the craft area aren't the friendliest girls on earth but they are helpful when asked. IMO. Nashville isn't far from Centralia probably 30 miles or so, it's a pretty town and the county seat of Washington County.
I hope you enjoy your stay here and what we have to offer. If you like to site see the Shawnee National Forest area in deep southern Illinois is truly beautiful and St Louis is just a nice drive away.
Lee Ann