Old 05-01-2014, 10:41 AM
carriem

My sewing story didn't start until I was 18 and newly married (celebrating 17 years tomorrow!). I wanted to make my own skirts, jumpers, nursing dresses, and then some simple dresses/jumpers for our first DD. My dad bought me a Kenmore and then the following summer I got a really good deal on an old Singer in a cabinet. I had a little help from a friend, but mostly just followed the skirt pattern I bought. As well as the other clothing patterns...I kept it very simple!

I started my first quilt in 2008. I bought a book, picked a pattern that I didn't think looked too hard and then bought FQs to make it. I reconnected with the mom of a boy I graduated with and mentioned I was working on my first quilt. She said if I needed any help finishing it to be sure to call...so, once I got all the blocks done I called and said "what's next?" She helped me to square them up and showed me how to add borders, sandwich, and bind it. I just did SITD quilting so that was easy enough. This "mom" has become a great friend and quilting buddy. She says I am the daughter she never had (she had 2 sons).
Attached Thumbnails 1st-full-veiw.jpg   1st-border.jpg