View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 05:28 AM
RugosaB

Ok, I'm going to respond to some postings, in no order:

Yes, a PERFECT way to spend a Saturday, posting. Since my accident, every day I do some sort of 'brain work' to try to keep my brain sharp, well now, it's more like a ball point needle. Working on the computer, all the organizing, does that.

I'm in a little town in the Genoa school district. At the show I picked up a small flyer advertising a quilt show in Port Clinton. I'm not sure if my husband is working then, but if not, we're going! It says it's a 'Quilt Regatta' July 18 and 19, at Peace Lutheran Church, over 100 quilts. by Ohio Star Quilters Guild

Also, the Art2Quilt art quilt show June 14 in Maumee. It sounds like it's outside and says 'uniquely designed art quilts, wallets, jewelry, and other items'

Toledo - I married a graduate of Waite hs, 33 years ago. City boy married a country girl! He looks at everything fiscally and saw that a couple of quilts in the shop were priced at $550 and $650. Honestly, I think that has a lot to do with him taking me each year, it's not just his grt grdma sitting around a quilt frame in her WV cabin. In his eye there's a monetary value of the craft.

My main memory of Point Place is the day/night, as a kid, we had to spend time in the basement because of the tornado.

"Oh yes, I think the quilt on the first page underneath your sweet husband (love his smile!) is my favorite. Reminds me of storm at sea. Have a nice weekend. " That's his 'Whatever, whatever makes you smile dear' look, he doesn't understand why I would want to take such a picture.. He works in the control room at the local refinery and just a few days ago he told me 5-6 guys printed out the info for this show. They were going to take their wives! (seems the discussion was that taking their wives would earn them 'points.' I remember telling Danny, when he was figuring his golf schedule for the year, that I don't care what days he has planned, please keep this day open)