Old 05-07-2014, 07:22 PM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I have been hosting swaps since 2010.. SheriR has been hosting since, hmmm not sure... but its a lil while already.. Some of you have been there since the beginning and some found the swaps along the way... Either way IM glad you found us.. Since then my layer cake pile grew.. and grew.. and grew.... the 2.5 sqs multiplied and multiplied.... Soooooooooooooooooooooooo fellow QB members, the wonderful friends that they are, and I decided to participate in our very own 'Quilt Along'.. So off we went.... SheriR and I......We began this in April..

~The 'colors' were made using the "CANDY" from SheriR's 2.5 swaps..... HINT HINT HINT.. Great use of sqs from her swap !!!!
~The black & Whites were from my "LAYER CAKE" 10.5 swaps.... HINT HINT HINT... Great use of sqs from my swap...

SheriR picked the pattern : Scrap Box Chevron
Happily Purchased at the Quilt Asylum in Texas

We both had the pattern, mine courtesy of SheriR.. Shes just awesome !! but as ya'll can see we had totally different takes on what our visions were.. We both were surprised how big these ended up.. SheriR's measures 80x90..
.[ATTACH=CONFIG]474856[/ATTACH].
SheriR's fantastically pieced backing.. Using leftover blocks
.[ATTACH=CONFIG]474857[/ATTACH]
SheriR machine pieced and Machine quilted herself..KUDOS for the courage that Ill never attain.. SHE did a fantastic job!!! .
[ATTACH=CONFIG]474858[/ATTACH].
.[ATTACH=CONFIG]474859[/ATTACH].
I have yet to put the lil black border all the way around.. Unfortunately I had an iron mis-hap... Those of you with helpful hubbies, i strongly suggest reminding them NYLON and a HOT iron do not mix... So this is all i got finished Ladies.. I was aiming for a lap size but ended up almost a Queen 74x86.. I do hope you enjoy ... We had a blast, and plan on doing another Quilt Along soon.. June perhaps..
.[ATTACH=CONFIG]474860[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]474861[/ATTACH].

Happy Quilting...
Attached Thumbnails img_6322.jpg   img_6323.jpg   img_6324.jpg   img_6325.jpg   img_6320.jpg  

img_6318.jpg