View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 06:58 AM
Quilter 65

So glad to see pictures and talk here again. Have been checking. How much snow did you all get in Wyoming? Thought about you all when the weatherman was announcing the snowfall in Denver and parts higher. It was 85 here a day or two ago and 44 this morning. My poor petunias probably wish they were back in the greenhouse. My machine has been purring right along since retrieval. Had to adjust the tension this morning, but at least it goes when I press the foot. Bought another back-up off ebay. Hope I am not disappointed. Even 45-50 year old machines (Elna) bring a bit. Mine has been over the road. About 2/3 done on the piecing for the wedding tree skirt. Tedious, but getting there. Eleven strips of much of the same fabric used in my quilt per stripset and need 7 of them to get the 10 degree wedges that are cut at 45 degrees. Called blazing finger pattern and produces a real saw-toothed design. Hope they like it. Then finish a mini-quilt. And THEN back to this project. Think this round will do it for me, but it may grow another round come June. Good to see the pictures and hear some chatter.