View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Janice McC

Hello Billi, Please don't be intimidated! We have swappers of all skill levels here and this is a great opportunity to learn new things. Last round, one of our swappers introduced some of us to a series of templates from which you can make lots of interesting blocks. There are plenty of books out, try your local library, or go to one of the many quilting sites including Quilterscache.com and you'll see lots and lots of blocks with fairly detailed instructions. Also, just look around this board and you'll find lots of blocks you like and oftentimes, you can simply recreate it by looking at it. Anyone else have other suggestions?

As for the labels, just any old label will do, as long as you write your board name on there so everyone knows which fabric is yours. You can also put a note inside describing any color suggestions you might like. For example, if you want blues and greens you can put that down or if you absolutely do not want orange, write that down.

Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
So I went back and looked at pictures from past booms I think I am intimidated! I saw some really really great stuff where do you guys get your block ideas? Do you use patterns for them? Books? Magazines? On line? Please give me some hints and secrets on your beautiful work.

Also in reading the directions it says I should use removable labels on my baggies is there a particular label you use? Or way you do it that works for you?

Thanks for the hints