Old 05-17-2014, 01:46 AM
amcatanzaro

Default My Friday Saga; Quest to Get a Featherweight

I contacted a random vague post on Craigslist about a "portable Singer" and a "floor standing Singer". After a nice back and forth chat she sent pictures and we agreed on a price and pick up time. Both machines were in a garage at a grandparents house that they were clearing out, she was going to go get them and I would pick them up in Dayton. Well, it started raining and she couldn't go pick up the machines because the "floor standing" machine didn't fit in her car and she didn't want to move them in a pickup. I went to pick them up myself.
After a 2 hour drive down to southern most Ohio I get to the very rural location. When I turn off the main road to the house I have to wait for cows. [ATTACH=CONFIG]475834[/ATTACH]

I realize at this point that I am a very city girl because I don't know how to get them to move. I honked but that just caused other cows to moo. Maybe they were telling this girl to mooove?

For my trouble I received my very first featherweight! [ATTACH=CONFIG]475835[/ATTACH]

And a Red Eye that I'm trying to rapidly rehome. [ATTACH=CONFIG]475836[/ATTACH]The deal was to buy both, so I did. They ended up throwing a king sized quilt frame in my car too. Overall it was well worth the trip.
Attached Thumbnails cows.jpg   fw.jpg   redeye-1-.jpg