View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 03:58 PM
ManiacQuilter2
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Its so funny how different we all our in making our beloved Tea We like our ice tea unsweetened

Mostly I make sun tea 1gallon glass container filled with filtered water 12 tea bags and sunshine 4-8 hours. When I bring it in and remove the tea bags I leave it on the counter till its cool or room temp before putting it in the fridge. It will last 48 hours easy without getting cloudy. I have also found if I use just off the boil water I only need 8-9 tea bags again if I let it cool on the counter before refrigerating it does not get cloudy.

I have never heard of using baking soda in tea.
I just started making Sun Tea again. I have a gallon glass container and I put 8 small bags of Lipton tea and 2 bags of Sweet & Spicy herbal tea by Good Earth into container. I get the direct sunlight in the afternoon and bring it in at sunset. I have never heard of putting baking soda in tea. It last me a couple of days. Don't have any problem with bitterness. Keep it in the fridge. Guess it is time to bring it in. It has been VERY hot in So CA. It is cooling down but after tomorrow, it is once again going to be in the 90s again next week. Since this is September/October weather, we just might be in for a VERY long HOT summer !!