View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 07:36 AM
oldtnquiltinglady

I am finding, as time goes by, and I finish more quilts, that "easy" really is relative. I don't even go there for one labeled (spell) more than "intermediate", but I don't care at all for curvey designs. One of my first quilting classes included a vining flower design that you had to hand stitch in place. It took me forever to finish that quilt, and I never was happy with it. I can't handle that much stress and aggravation anymore. I just go where I am comfortable, and I can do that, because I am old, with GGKs, if that tells you anything. They love whatever I do for them, because they can say "Grannie made me this quilt".....color is what matters to them.

I have started doing what some of you seem to be doing, if I see a design that I really like, I will make up a sample block and put it on my design wall and look at it until the picture of a completed quilt forms in my mind. And have run off several pictures of quilts done by some of you on the board here with different gifts or projects in mind as we head toward Christmas here.