View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Quilter 65

Thank you, Brat. I tried putting that sq in a sq next to the ribbon border and it looked awful. So then I was determined to use them and put the buffering borders in which increased the size pretty quickly. Originally I had the gold triangles next to the green and that didn't suit me either. So flipflopped, after ripping the thing out, and I thought it added a "solid" feel to the edge of the quilt. This has been a really good learning experience, both to investigate possibilities, and to do the math to make everything work. I think I would have to say my favorite round was the hourglass turned on point with one color to the inside and the other to the outside. It makes a good framing round. The ribbon one was its own challenge with no seams between the two blocks where one would normally be, so I have really learned a lot.

Everyone has such pretty quilts. It is so amazing how different they all look even using the same blocks. I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend with friends and family.