Thread: Craftsy classes
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 09:00 AM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I just don't understand why quilters don't sign up for classes at your local quilt store. And then I see post of these stores closing. I could NOT log on to Craftsy that last time I tried. Don't know if it was a technical problem with their servers or what. Sorry, I don't mean to be negative.
I do both. Next Saturday I am taking the Beetle Bag class at my LQS and that won't be a cheap undertaking. Classes at the LQS are often at inconvenient times for the working person.

The nice thing about craftsy classes is that I can go back and watch them again and again. Or I can go back and review my notes on them in conjunction with the recording.

So far, there are only two classes that I didn't particularly care for: One by Angela Waters which did not have enough content. (I did love Angela's Quilting Negative Space, so it was the other one I didn't like.) The other by Wendy Butler Burns. She really likes to hear herself talk and her quality is not up to par imho. She is quite impressed with herself.

Which class(es) were you considering? Maybe you could get specific info about it/them from people who have taken the class(es).