Old 05-27-2014, 10:17 PM
NewbieQuilter220

Default Color Blind Quilter Needs Some Suggestions

I am color blind and although I have never really seen it as being a problem when it comes to choosing my clothes, shoes, and things for the house it has certainly become a problem when it comes to buying the right color fabrics for making a quilt. I have color wheels that I do use when shopping for fabric but much to my embarrassment some of the colors that I thought looked nice together look much better on my dog's bed simply because they don't care. I have so much fabric I could probably open my own fabric store and I have read several books on colors that has helped but on the rare occasion that I am able to get to a fabric store I have a tendency of buying beautiful fabric with a specific pattern in mind and after all is said and done, the buying and cutting etc. I find out that colors I chose would look best on a clown not on someone's lap quilt or bed. Is there anyone else who is color blind and chooses there own fabric that wouldn't mind offering a few suggestions as to a good and safe way of matching up the right colors? I'm starting to feel a little stupid when I get asked why I would choose "THOSE" colors to make quilt. Help !!!!