View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 04:59 AM
granny216

Giving hand made gifts is a touchy subject. I don't give any to those I know don't appreciate them. I try to find out what they do like. Now I am into scrap quilts and everyone loves them (that I give them to) as they can go anywhere. I do try to find out what color they like best and include it as a center square or in triangles so that makes them happy. Our family gets to choose theirs as I've made over 100 quilts, wall hangings, etc. They treasure them and use them. Because I don't hand quilt any more--(Arthur Itis came to visit) So big quilts get machine quilted and the smaller items I can do but just takes me a lot longer than before. If someone doesn't want something....they can swap, which never happened.
Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I offer my family an exchange program. If you received one of my quilts you can trade it for any quilt I have , that is not designated for a specific person. About once a year I send out photos, of the quilts I have that are available to trade.
I would rather get a quilt back than it sit on a closest shelf, or in the dogs bed.