Old 05-29-2014, 03:58 PM
NewbieQuilter220

Color blindness I just found out yesterday is much higher among males then females. Doc wasn't sure I was right in claiming color blindness so he tested me the same way so many other doctors have and much to his surprise I was right. My father sees very few colors and the ones that he does see he doesn't see them the way others do. With me I do know a few colors like green, the color green that paper money is and the lawn and yellow because of the sun and of course black and white however if a color is not the mainstream colors and they have to be the exact shade of blue the exact shade of yellow etc. I cannot tell what it is. It's almost like when two colors are combined to make a different color that most people see as being one specific color see it as something different, sometimes completely different where I am no where close to being right. I haven't a clue what causes it or why I being a woman am even color blind since it is typically a male disorder so I am told. I do know I'm stuck with it and for the most part used to it but when it comes to my newfound love for quilting it's hard to be happy with what others are so quick to open their mouths and criticize. Thank you for asking, most people feel comfortable in assuming they know about something they know nothing about and hurt other people in the process. Thank you again....