View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 06:12 PM
quiltjoey

Art, drawing, etc. is in the eye of the beholder! When my DGD was in HS, the local Farmer's Market Org. asked the HS art teacher to have all of her art students do a poster for that summer's market. My DGD's poster was given a C and she was told it wasn't very good. She called me and asked if her art was that bad. I told her she may not have followed the criteria the teacher was looking for and I assured her that her art was very good. Well, after the judging by the Farmer's Market judges, guess who's poster was chosen? My DGD's! and she won the $100 prize also!

I can draw and paint. I bought a Cameo Silhouette for which you can purchase designs on their website for as little as $.50 and cut them out with the Cameo.

I have also used clip art. I have pulled up images on Goggle and just traced over the monitor screen of what I wanted and cut them out by hand. What ever works. Just don't use licensed designs. I think it's best to use something you come up with yourself if you can. I love the idea or having children draw for you!

Last edited by quiltjoey; 06-01-2014 at 06:15 PM.