View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 09:25 AM
romanojg

Be careful. I had the same thing happen. Being in the IT department I knew better than to open the links. I contacted PayPal and they confirmed that it was a scam. About a month later I got an automated call from PayPal saying there was a suspicious charge for my account for 150. I confirmed that I didn't make it and they said they'd investigate (well the automated call said they'd investigate). I got off the phone and went up to PayPal and there was 5, 150 charges to Sony. I disputed them right away and changed my password right then. I tried to email them to see if anything was being done and was told to log onto my account to check. Every time I tried to log on it wanted me to confirm my credit card numbers, which I wasn't going to do. First thing Mon morning I called my bank and cancelled my account because if any charges go thru they'll pay them and then charge me 30 each. This would have put me out a total over 1000 for charges to the bank and PayPal. Then pay pal sent me an email saying they couldn't process the charges because my account had been closed and they could see where I disputed the charges but couldn't stop them from going to bank. Bull, I know better than that. It took a week for them to agree that I didn't make the charges but I will never go back to them because of the way they handled the whole thing and not letting me have access to my acct info unless I verified my cards. That would have been so stupid on my part since they already had part of my account numbers there was no way I would have kept them. Now, I got my FB account hacked into from someone in Argentina, they immediately locked down my account until I confirmed it was or wasn't me and then also said if I used the same password and log on for other accounts on line I should change them. Yes, I used the same log on info for PayPal. Now all of my accounts have new passwords. I never click on a link that supposedly goes to an account, I'm smarter than that but that doesn't always save you.