View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 12:56 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

My daughter just asked me to fix a strap on her fabric purse. I thought 'ughhhh' but looked at it anyway. I couldn't figure how to do it. I know how to put the strap into the body, but I had to pleat the body and then take a long 1/2" strip and go around the strap about 5" from the base without the ends showing. I couldn't figure how to do it. I told her to go to an 'alterations' gal and ask her if I could do it and if she could explain to my daughter how I was to do it. My daughter hasn't said a word about it since.

I had a hair dresser say she would love to have a quilt. It was the first time I went to her. My mouth dropped open and nothing came out. I was shocked that this person would ask me for one. I changed hair dressers after that. I made a quilt for my mail carrier for Christmas. I put it in a box and put it in my mailbox. She gave me a Christmas card the next day with a big ole' thank you. She brings me many packages to my door every week, so I felt she deserved it. Besides her, I only quilt for family. I've had people say in passing that they would like a quilt, but I don't respond at all. That usually gives them their answer. If I HAD to make a quilt for someone, it would never get made. I have a hard enough time of finishing my quilts anyway.