View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 06:17 AM
flikkem

Originally Posted by Butterfli19 View Post
I have fallen in love with the color designs on white backgrounds, or the blocks made with white in them. They seem to float right on the quilt and I'm in awe of what that much white can do for a quilt.

When I go to quilt stores, there is so much white, some whiter than white, some patterned, some look as if they have been woven with a little silver and some a little gray. From dull white to bright white to sheet white, there are a lot of whites out there.

My questions are when using white, is it best to use a flat white or a lightly patterned white, and do the whites have to match? Like if a colored fab has a lot of white in it, I suppose you would try to match the white as close as possible, unless you are looking for a slight contrast, but to get that floaty look, they would have to match.

What whites do you have in your stash? Can you post pics? Do you ever do white on white?
I use a mixture of white on white fabrics when making scrappy quilts. Sometimes I do not know what size the finished quilt will be so this takes away the problem with figuring out how much white yardage I will need at the beginning of the project. If I am running short I just add some new white on white fabrics.