Old 12-25-2009, 05:35 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Hi All,

Just stopped in to see whats happening while I am waiting for the family to get up so we can check out what Santa has brought us!!

I am sorry to hear that these machines are coming to you broken. Some of these sellers do not have a clue as to how to pack a machine. Just ask SewJoyce how I pack one up, she will tell you that you can throw it off of a roof and it would live to tell about it.

The bobbin winder issue.... after you swap out the part which is very simple, save the pieces just in case. I can fix them and have many times but I always weld them up. I have welded so many different types of metals including the exotics (titanium, magnesium, 503 stainless) its just second nature to me now. I even welded a glass coke bottle to the side of a steel beam on a bet one time. That one use an old indian trick I learned years ago but it blows peoples minds everytime LOL!!

Back to the other FW, the presserbar lever is not that hard to replace but it takes some finessing to to snake it in its spot and if I remember correctly you have to pull the presser foot bar out of the machine to get it in. Its not a hard job to do, but make sure you are careful not to strip the screw slots trying to undo the bar. Kroil or PB Blaster is your best friend when trying to loosen screws.

PM me and I might have the service manual or at least a parts blow up so you can see what you have to go through to get it changed out. Plus it will have the Singer part numbers for the parts that you need.

Billy