View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 03:21 AM
parrynj

Originally Posted by terri bb View Post
hi! my little janome is really starting to sound like a thrashing machine! i just don't have the money or the credit to get what i really WANT ( sound familiar? hehe) so i have to think of options that will help me endeavor what i want to pursue. i am thinking of getting a janome 1600P with a gracie frame for learning how to quilt on. however, i need a piecing machine. i am researching baby lock, like the grace or audrey, and also the janome like the dc2014 or 3160qdc, and i need opinions. since this reaches such a wide variety of audiences and i will get a more honest opinion from you rather than a dealer any comments you can give me would be SO much appreciated! thank you much!

Why don't you get the Brother 1500. It's the same machine (I believe that the Janome 1600 is actually made by Brother but I'm not 100% sure of that) but less expensive. I use mine without a frame and it quilts beautifully. I also use it for piecing. I also have a Viking 870Q that I originally got for machine quilting but now I only use it if I need to use a zig zag or buttonhole stitch. I never was happy with it for quilting.