Old 06-20-2014, 08:49 PM
ArchaicArcane

MargeD - boy, you're not kidding. I have a hard time keping both of the girls off the quilt! I should say at this point, I'm not disappointed with the way the quilt looks as a whole, mostly I'm surprised because I thought I did most of it right to minimize shrinkage. I'm certainly not upset to see the quilt.

Bubbie - batiks shrink for you? Most of the batiks I've seen in my very limited time quilting have all puckered when everything around them shrunk but they didn't. That's really interesting that they shrink for you! It's possible she likes the shrunken look. I supposed I should have asked her why before I followed her recommendation.

Quilter2090 - I think, like you, my new mantra is wash as it enters the house. My cousin, like me, loves batiks, so she's very familiar with they way they behave as a rule. I can only guess at why she didn't want me to wash them first. I will ask her the next time I see her.I have a printout of the fabrics I have, and whether they're washed or not. I think I will try to make sure that all of it is washed in the next week or so- especially that muslin! Luckily I don't have the stash that a lot of people have!